Let’s face it. Big brand skin care lines aren’t all they are cracked up to be. In spite of the high prices, glossy advertisements, and super model spokespeople, big brand skin care products are of low quality and their effectiveness is questionable.
Here are 5 big reasons why you should avoid mainstream skin care products altogether.
1. Big brand companies may offer you skin care samples to lure you in. Surely you’ve experienced sticker shock just by looking at the prices. Despite popular belief, just because skin care products are expensive doesn’t mean they are good. If you buy low-profile products from companies that prioritize high quality and effectiveness over advertising and marketing, it can be surprisingly affordable. Big brand products are expensive because they spend so much on advertising and marketing their products.
2. Mainstream skin care lines are seldom natural and safe. They contain a vast number of synthetic chemical ingredients that have been linked with health problems and skin irritation. For example, parabens are commonly found in mainstream skin care products as preservatives but they have been linked with breast cancer.
3. In pursuit of skin care samples and freebies, you may be tempted to shop at big department stores but if you want to find skin care products that really work, shop online. Companies that sell primarily online build customer loyalty because their products are good, not because they hand out freebies.
4. Skin care lines sold at mainstream outlets do not contain a high concentration of active ingredients. Often they only contain traces of active ingredients so their effectiveness is limited. Instead, look for products that are made up at least 50% by active ingredients for the best results.
5. Stop using skin care samples! You need to give your entire skin care regime a boost by using only all natural products. Mainstream products contain harsh chemical ingredients that cause skin problems and premature aging. A lot of labels use the words “natural” and “organic” but they are false claims. Only buy products from companies that have signed the Compact for Safe Cosmetics. I can assure you that most big brand companies have not signed this agreement.
Your goal? Take this information and shop around for skin care lines that are safe, natural, and effective.
As you can see, there are many reasons why you shouldn’t use mainstream skin care products. They are laden with chemicals and their effectiveness is limited. If you want to get the most bang for your buck, shop online with companies that pledge to make safe and natural products. If you do so your skin will look and feel better from the inside out.
Source by Susan Kessler